How to Sell More In Less Time
“Here’s How You Will Get More Sales, Appointments and Commitments By Phone, In Less Time, and Without Morale-Killing Rejection”
And I’ll Stand Behind that Claim with an Unheard Of Guarantee- Art Sobczak
“I’ve read over 500 books on selling, persuasion, and influence. This is the best book on telesales that I’ve ever read. It’s in my top 5 sales books of all time. Initially I thought the book was expensive ($39.95), but after reading it, I realized it’s worth 50 times what I paid for it!” Howard Donnelly
Fellow Sales Pro,
Lots of sales books cover theory … old school hyberbole that you would be as uncomfortable repeating as you are hearing it, and downright nonsense written by people who probably have never made a sales call in their life.
What I’ve found is that we salespeople by nature are a demanding, intelligent, and somewhat impatient group and want instantly-useable, common sense ideas that really work.That’s what I deliver, and precisely what you’ll get in my books, “How to Sell More in Less Time, With No Rejection, Using Common Sense Telephone Techniques, Volumes 1 and 2.”
Over the past 29 years I’ve built my business and reputation on researching, testing, and refining sales strategies and techniques for professionals like you and me who use the phone as a main method of communication.Anyone who has ever picked up the phone to make a cold call, or followed up on a call after they’ve sent out literature, a catalog, or samples, knows that it’s much more difficult than making a face-to-face call, and there are certain nuances that make using the phone a different animal. I demystify the process, poke fun at the old techniques and myths of sales that flat out do not work by phone, and show proven, word-for-word examples that will work for you.
In these two books, I provide more useable how-to ideas on telephone sales than you have ever seen in one place before.
And I say that with confidence.
If you use the phone in professional, ethical, needs-based sales, there is simply no way you could not benefit from these book–as long as you read and use them. And I stand behind that claim with my “More than Your Money Back Guarantee,” where I refund your money, plus $10, and let you keep the books, if you feel you wouldn’t benefit from them. More on that later.
• How to build rapport, credibility, and likeability
• Listening for key buying words and emotions—knowing when to talk and when to shut up
• A no-brainer, fill-in-the blanks opening statement template for prospecting calls that gets them interested
• Case study examples of horrible openings, and great alternatives you can use and/or adapt “Using the ideas in your books, I reworked on my opening statement, called five prospects, got through to two, and set appointments with both of them!”
Art Taylor, L&B Worldwide
• Putting them in a frame of mind so they want to hear what you have
• There are such things as dumb questions in sales. Examples, and how to avoid them
• How to ask about money
(Click here to see an actual chapter from Volume 1)
• How to position what you say as more credible and believable, instead of sounding like a salesperson
• Using stories to create irresistible visual images
“I bought “How To Sell More…” for my Inside Sales Rep with whom I partner for sales. He went from Customer Service Rep to Sales Machine in no time!
Tim Nelson, Regional Account Manager, McGraw-Hill Construction Dodge
• How to get larger sales just as easily as you would get smaller ones
• Avoiding negative assumptions that are sure to invite failure
• How to avoid choking under pressure
“I have used the book as a reference guide for our internal sales training for the past month. We have had rave reviews from all our telesales reps! We have also seen higher scores on our call monitoring, as well as an increase in sales and sales leads generated!!! All this happened in one month!!! Our company has spent thousands of dollars on sales training using third party sales training companies, and have had marginal results at best. Using your book and rolling out your tips one chapter at a time, gives us an ongoing sales program for a little over $50! Thank you for putting together two of the best telesales training books I have read in the 10 years I have been in telesales business.” Greg Fanning, Harte-Hanks Direct Marketing
• How to blow away price objections
• Turning “I want to think about it,” into, “I WANT it.”
• How to ensure you don’t hear, “We don’t need it.”
• Why what you’ve probably heard before about objections is bogus, and what you should do instead. (For example, “You should love objections,” “The selling doesn’t start until you hear an objection,” “You’ll hear three objections before you’ll get a yes,” “Every objection puts you that much closer to a yes.” That’s ALL bunk!)
• How to avoid starting follow-up’s with the useless and idiotic statement and question, “I sent you out the material. Didja get it? Any questions?”
• What you should and shouldn’t mail after calls
• How to set solid phone appointments so they’re ready and waiting for your next call
Here’s a note along with an order for more books:“I am making this payment from the money I made at a trade show last weekend using some of the things I have learned from you in the last couple of months.”Khurram Ibrahim, MBA, Physician Select Vitamins, LLC
• What to say when they “buy it locally”
• Failed prospecting calls, and why they went down in flames—needlessly
• Why ending a call with “Keep us in mind” is asinine, and what to say instead
• How to position value instead of selling on price
• How to build relationships with regular customers to keep their loyalty
“I purchased these books and my sales went from $40,000 to over $100,000 in six months by using Art’s ideas.”
Susie Slifer, Cross Sales Rep, Hagerstown, MD
• Getting them talking when they say they’re not interested
• Why leaving messages on prospecting calls could be a waste of time
• Over 20 other prospecting pointers to help you get interest, the appointment, and eventually the sale
• The right way to use conference calls to sell to multiple decision makers
• How to handle prospects who “Need information sent right now!”, and determining if they’re for real, or just yanking your chain
• How to keep customers after that first sale
• Positioning yourself as the “least risk vendor” instead of the higher-priced vendor
• Telesales lessons from the O.J. trial
• How to respond to the “Send literature” request
• Eliminating telephone tag
• What to say to the prospect who perpetually strings you along
• Showing them how a lower price might actually be more expensive
• Why they don’t care about your products or services, and what they do care about which decides whether or not they’ll buy
Oh, I Forgot Something …
If you’re like most salespeople, you just saw lots of topics and ideas you’re interested in, and might be ready to order right now. You’ll probably be happy to know that those are just the items you’ll get in Volume 2. Volume 1 has even more, different valuable ideas and tips in the same topic areas.
Don’t Just Take My Word for It
Look at what others say about my material:
Danita Evans, Micro-Tech
“… when we were trying to figure out the best telephone sales tip we ever published, we realized all the top contenders came from Art Sobczak.”
Call Center Magazine
“Applying what I learned through your tips, I’ve earned enough to buy a new boat.”
Rich Kline, ITAT Info Technology
Oh, by the way, Northern Illinois University has used these as a text for their Sales class. (Finally, something being taught in college that students can actually USE and make money with!)
Still not convinced? Let me take all risk away right now:
The Better than Risk-Free,
“You Keep the Product, I’ll Pay You for Your Time” Guarantee
I’m so confident that you’ll profit many times over from my books, that I’m willing to put my own money up to prove it. Many publishers won’t take back books after they’re sold. Not only will I guarantee your success, I’ll take it three steps further:
1. If you don’t show success from using the ideas in these books, call, write, fax, or e-mail me. I’ll refund everything you paid, including the shipping. (US shipping)
2. You keep the book(s). You read correctly. I won’t make you pay to send them back. All I ask is that you give them to someone else who would and could benefit from them.
3. Not only will I refund your purchase price, I’ll give you another $10! Now that’s a guarantee. Find someone else who’s willing to make that same offer.
(There is one condition, albeit unenforceable on my part: I ask that you actually read the books and try the ideas before taking advantage of this guarantee, if you choose to do so.)
Am I stark raving mad? No, just absolutely confident that if you use these ideas, a team of wild horses couldn’t pry these ideas from you. And that covers most people who will invest in these books. Will some people take advantage of me? Probably … but a tiny percentage. And I figure if someone wants to be a lowlife and cheat to make $10 and steal a couple of books, well, they’re the ones who have to live with themselves.